Location Center Sourcing
EDWC’s Location Center tool is a powerful resource for both helping companies quickly identify the optimal location for expansion or relocation AND for uncovering important decision support information relevant to operational and market decisions.
EDWC’s Location Center uses online mapping technology to search and display the locations that exactly match your needs. The application objectively identifies the optimal communities for your business based on consistent, third-party data so you can truly compare apples-to-apples for all locations in the United States. You can use this tool to answer the following questions and more:
- Where are the available properties that are right for my business?
- Where is the right city or county for me to locate my business?
- What are they market characteristics around a potential business location?
- What nearby businesses may be competition or synergy for my company?
- What are the geographic advantages of different business locations?
- Who can assist me with my business start-up, expansion or relocation?
- What does the workforce look like for my location?
Location Center provides a way for new and expanding businesses to find, compare and deeply analyze communities and available properties nationwide. The program can greatly simplify and speed up the decision-making process, freeing companies to be able to quickly and accurately make informed decisions based on numerous data sets including demographic, business, transportation, and property information unavailable in any other sing website. In addition, it is a powerful tool for anyone that is looking to better understand their own communities and for conducting market research (“About ZoomProspector”, 2014).
EDWC’s Location Center uses many different data sources to power the decision support engine. The most up-to-date data is gathered from some of the following sources:
- Applied Geographic Solutions
- U.S. Census Bureau
- American Community Survey
- Federal Aviation Administration
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Thomson Reuters
- and many more…
In addition, 68 new data variables from Retail Potential data to the Consumer Spending report have been added to the list of sources utilized to help understand the kinds of businesses and workers in a given territory. Location Center integrates databases to package information around locations. Information on buildings and sites available is fed and provided by Xceligent.About ZoomProspector. (2014). ZoomProspector. Retrieved May 22, 2014, from http://www.zoomprospector.com/About.aspx
is a leading provider of verified commercial real estate information across the United States. Our professional research team pro-actively collects:
- a comprehensive inventory of commercial properties,
- buildings available for lease and sale,
- tenant information,
- sales comparables,
- historical trends on lease rates and building occupancy,
- market analytics, and demographics.
This information assists real estate professionals, appraisers, owners, investors and developers that make strategic decisions to lease, sell and develop commercial properties” (“About Us”, 2014).
Xceligent’s research provides assistants to companies who are looking to:
- Launch a new market
- Update and verify lease and sale listings
- Research commercial sale transactions
- Verify tenant information