MADISON, WI , March 14, 2016 – Focus on Energy, Wisconsin utilities’ statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable energy, is honoring fourteen Wisconsin companies with a 2016 Excellence in Energy Efficiency Award. In coordination with local utility partners and Focus on Energy staff, these winners have displayed outstanding commitment to energy efficiency practice.
2016 Excellence in Energy Efficiency Award honorees include:
- Allcast Inc. – Allenton, WI
- B & B Electric – Eau Claire, WI
- Heartland Farms – Hancock, WI
- Kohler Co. – Kohler, WI
- Didion Milling – Johnson Creek, WI
- Edgewood College- Madison, WI
- Milwaukee County – Milwaukee, WI
- Chippewa Valley Technical College – Energy Education Center – Eau Claire, WI
- Fox Brothers Piggly Wiggly – Hubertus, WI
- Expera Specialty Solutions – Kaukauna, WI
- Oshkosh Defense, LLC – Oshkosh, WI
- Kinnard Farms – Casco, WI
- C & M Properties – Eau Claire, WI
- Kettle Moraine Heating and Air Conditioning – North Prairie, WI
Benefits of the energy efficiency projects implemented by these organizations are much greater than reduced energy consumption and cost savings. They support technology innovation, job creation, lowered environmental impacts, increased competitiveness and reduced dependence on non-renewable resources.
“Focus on Energy is thrilled to congratulate each of these winners,” said Chad Bulman, Director of Energy Programs for Focus on Energy. “These recognized organizations are making smart energy decisions, lowering operating costs, and making Wisconsin business more competitive.
On-site award presentations are being coordinated with all winning organizations, many in coordination with Earth Day and other sustainability events currently scheduled. Visit Focus on Energy on Facebook throughout the month of April to learn more about each organization and the energy efficiency projects that earned them this honor. https://www.facebook.com/focusonenergy